PR11 Salary Deposits and Distribution of Payroll Checks
Policy Status:Under Review>
Subject Matter Expert:
Ray Burke, 814-867-5138, email@example.com
Policy Steward:Associate Vice President for Finance and Corporate Controller>
This policy is currently under review.
Please contact the Payroll Office for information regarding Salary Deposits and Distribution of Payroll Checks.
Effective Date: March 6, 2003
Approval Date: March 5, 2003
Date Published: March 5, 2003 (Editorial changes- October 24, 2013)
Most Recent Changes:
- December 6, 2017 - PR11 is under review due to WorkLion implementation.
Revision History (and effective dates):
- October 24, 2013 - Editorial changes. Addition of policy steward information, in the event that there are questions or requests for changes to the policy.
- May 29, 2013 - Removal of the following sections, to reflect current operations, as direct salary deposits have been required for employee hires since 1993, making this information non-applicable for the vast majority of employees:
- Check Distribution - Employees Paid Monthly Hired Prior to November 1, 1993
- Check Distribution - Employees Paid Biweekly Hired Prior to November 1, 1993
- Monthly Employees Absent on Payday
- Regular Biweekly Employees Absent on Payday
- Non-Regular Biweekly Employees Absent on Payday
- March 22, 2005 - Editorial changes to eliminate "General Forms Usage Guide" references, and correct links.
- March 6, 2003 - Eliminated the section AUTOMATIC CESSATION OF DEPOSIT; eliminated procedural notes regarding the mailing of paychecks to departmental mailrooms.
- June 18, 1997 - Distribution of paychecks revised. Also adjusted the escheats instructions for checks not picked up after 30 days.
- November 22, 1983 - Employees picking up checks must show verification of identity.
- November 17, 1988 - Employee must request in writing to have paycheck mailed.
- May 10, 1988 - Changed "Commonwealth Campuses" to "locations other than University Park."
- June 12, 1986 - Added section AUTOMATIC CESSATION OF DEPOSIT.
- March 14, 1986 - Included wage payroll in salary deposit program. Added provision for disposition of unclaimed checks.
- February 15, 1984 - Minor editorial changes.
- December 10, 1982 - Excluded wage payroll from salary deposit program.
- September 17, 1982 - Request for authorization to mail paychecks now directed to Financial Officer instead of Deputy Controller.
- July 1, 1981 - Minor editorial changes.
- June 20, 1980 - Request for pickup of wage payrolls checks must be submitted two weeks in advance rather than four days.
- July 14, 1979 - Changed method for Non-Regular employees absent on pay day.
- April 17, 1978 - Standing and fixed-term employees checks are sorted by administrative area. Payroll document preparation and check distribution not to be handled by same individual.
- Date Unknown - New policy.