PR01 Types of Payrolls
Policy Status:Under Review>
Subject Matter Expert:
Policy Steward:Corporate Controller / Payroll>
To define the types of payrolls at the University.
Types of payrolls are as follows:
A. Personnel Paid Monthly -
- Exempt personnel classified as Executive, Administrator, Academic Administrator, and Staff; also, nonexempt personnel classified as Nonexempt Staff, except at The Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.
- Academic - See Policy PR10 of the Policy Manual
- Fellows - See Policy PR03 of the Policy Manual.
- Graduate Assistants - See Policy PR06 of the Policy Manual
For additional information about personnel paid monthly, See Policy PR02.
B. Personnel Paid Biweekly -
- Technical Service - See Policy PR04 of the Policy Manual for Technical Service employees in Housing and Food Service, Penn State Hospitality Services (including the Nittany Lion Inn and the Conference Center Hotel), and University Health Services. See Policy PR05 of the Policy Manual for Technical Service employees in administrative areas other than Housing and Food Service, Penn State Hospitality Services (including the Nittany Lion Inn and Conference Center Hotel), and the University Health Services.
- Nonexempt Staff employees at The Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.
- Non-Regular, i.e., part-time or casual employees of the University. See Policy PR07 of the Policy Manual.
Effective Date: June 18, 1997
Date Approved: June 18, 1997
Date Published: June 25, 1997 (Editorial changes- October 3, 2013)
Most Recent Changes:
- October 3, 2013 - Editorial changes. Addition of policy steward information, in the event that there are questions or requests for changes to the policy.
Revision History (and effective dates):
- May 29, 2013 - Editorial change; moved reference to policy PR02, because it applies to all four classifications of personnel paid monthly.
- June 14, 2006 - Revision History added.
- June 18, 1997 - incorporated Penn State Hospitality Services terminology
- April 19, 1993 - Changed "Staff Nonexempt and Clerical" to "Nonexempt staff;" revised Ritenour Health Center name to University Health Services.
- November 23, 1973 - Original Policy.