PR15 Local Earned Income Tax
Policy Status:Under Review>
Subject Matter Expert:
Ray Burke, 814-867-5138, firstname.lastname@example.org
Policy Steward:Associate Vice President for Finance and Corporate Controller>
This policy is currently under review.
Please contact the Payroll Office for information regarding Local Earned Income Tax.
Effective Date: January 1, 1987
Date Approved: January 1, 1987
Date Published: January 1, 1987 (Editorial changes- October 24, 2013)
Most Recent Changes:
- December 6, 2017 - PR15 is under review due to WorkLion implementation.
Recent History (and effective dates):
- October 24, 2013 - Editorial changes. Addition of policy steward information, in the event that there are questions or requests for changes to the policy.
- May 29, 2013- Editorial change; updated verbiage in "LOCAL EARNED INCOME TAX DEDUCTION" section to reflect that local taxes, once collected, are remitted to the Centre Tax Agency for disbursement to the local tax authorities.
- June 14, 2006 - Revision History added.
- February 22, 1987 - removed "Postdoctoral Fellowships" section. Renamed "Employee's Withholding Exemption Certificate (W-4)" section to "Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate (W-4)" section.
- April 17, 1978 - Major revisions to the policy, including renaming of policy from "Local Wage Tax" to "Earned Income Tax."