PR14 F.I.C.A. (Social Security Deduction)
Policy Steward:Associate Vice President for Finance and Corporate Controller>
This policy was decommissioned September 1, 2020 - see Policy PR01 University Payroll for the updated information.
Most Recent Changes:
- September 1, 2020 - policy decommissioned
Revision History (and effective dates):
- December 6, 2017 - PR14 is under review due to WorkLion implementation.
- October 24, 2013 - Editorial changes. Addition of policy steward information, in the event that there are questions or requests for changes to the policy.
- May 31, 2013 - Editorial revisions made, per Payroll Office. In the RATES section, the rates table has been removed, as previous rates were outdated and IRS or Social Security Administration make changes periodically. Lastly, the EXEMPTION OF CERTAIN FOREIGN NATIONALS section has been removed.
- June 14, 2006 - Revision History added.
- April 19, 1993 - Updated "Rates" with current amounts and maximums. Revised "Over-Withholding FICA" with current dollar amount.
- March 27, 1991 - Rate Changes.
- February 3, 1989 - Rate Changes.
- February 27, 1987 - Rate Changes.
- August 4, 1983 - Rate Changes.
- March 22, 1982 - Revised Verbiage Explaining "Rates". Update applicable rates and percentages throughout policy.
- July 1, 1981 - Additional verbiage added to "Rates" section. Updated earnings amounts and percentages throughout policy.
- April 17, 1978 - Added current rates, percentages and withholding levels to applicable policy sections.
Date Approved:September 1, 2020>
Date Published:September 1, 2020>