PR14 F.I.C.A. (Social Security Deduction)
Policy Status:Under Review>
Subject Matter Expert:
Ray Burke, 814-867-5138, email@example.com
Policy Steward:Associate Vice President for Finance and Corporate Controller>
This policy is currently under review.
Please contact the Payroll Office for information regarding FICA (Social Security Deduction).
Effective Date: February 22, 1993
Date Approved: February 22, 1993
Date Published: February 22, 1993 (Editorial changes- October 24, 2013)
Most Recent Changes:
- December 6, 2017 - PR14 is under review due to WorkLion implementation.
Revision History (and effective dates):
- October 24, 2013 - Editorial changes. Addition of policy steward information, in the event that there are questions or requests for changes to the policy.
- May 31, 2013 - Editorial revisions made, per Payroll Office. In the RATES section, the rates table has been removed, as previous rates were outdated and IRS or Social Security Administration make changes periodically. Lastly, the EXEMPTION OF CERTAIN FOREIGN NATIONALS section has been removed.
- June 14, 2006 - Revision History added.
- April 19, 1993 - Updated "Rates" with current amounts and maximums. Revised "Over-Withholding FICA" with current dollar amount.
- March 27, 1991 - Rate Changes.
- February 3, 1989 - Rate Changes.
- February 27, 1987 - Rate Changes.
- August 4, 1983 - Rate Changes.
- March 22, 1982 - Revised Verbiage Explaining "Rates". Update applicable rates and percentages throughout policy.
- July 1, 1981 - Additional verbiage added to "Rates" section. Updated earnings amounts and percentages throughout policy.
- April 17, 1978 - Added current rates, percentages and withholding levels to applicable policy sections.