PR09 Payment for Fractional Payroll Periods Worked and Transfers Between Types of Payrolls for Non-Academic Employees
Policy Steward:Corporate Controller / Payroll>
- Employees Paid Monthly
- Employees Paid Biweekly
- Employees Transferring Between Types of Payrolls
- Further Information
To outline the University's policy governing payments to full-time standing non-academic employees for fractional payroll periods worked on one or more types of payrolls.
New employees beginning employment at a time other than the beginning of a month, or terminating employees ending employment at a time other than at the end of a month, will be paid for the days worked in the month computed to the number of scheduled work days (including Holidays falling on scheduled workdays). The Workday Percentage Factors in GURU will be used to compute the partial month's salary. Partial month's salary for employees going on, or returning from, leave of absence without pay will be computed in the same manner.
New employees beginning employment at a time other than the beginning of a regular biweekly payroll period, or terminating employees ending employment at a time other than at the end of a regular biweekly payroll period, will be paid for the days worked in the biweekly payroll period. The daily rate for employees paid biweekly is computed at eight (8) times the employee's hourly rate. These rates appear in the Salary Schedule for Regular Technical-Service Employees in GURU. Employees paid bi-weekly who are going on, or returning from, leave of absence without pay will have their pay computed in the same manner.
Employees transferring between a payroll paid monthly and a payroll paid biweekly will be paid for the days worked in each type of payroll. The amount of pay will be computed separately for each type of payroll in accordance with the methods described above.
For questions, additional detail, or to request changes to this policy, please contact the Payroll Office.
Effective Date: February 22, 1993
Date Approved: February 22, 1993
Date Published: February 22, 1993 (Editorial changes- October 24, 2013)
Most Recent Changes:
- October 24, 2013 - Editorial changes. Addition of policy steward information, in the event that there are questions or requests for changes to the policy.
Revision History (and effective dates):
- May 29, 2013 - Editorial changes in "EMPLOYEES PAID BIWEEKLY” section, updating link for Tech Service Salary Schedule.
- July 26, 2005 - Additional editorial changes to eliminate "General Forms Usage Guide" references, and to add the correct links for the documents referenced in the policy.
- February 22, 1993 - Retyped without change from 11-26-84.