PR04 Technical-Service Employees In Housing and Food Service, Penn State Hospitality Services, and University Health Services
Policy Status:Under Review>
Subject Matter Expert:
Ray Burke, 814-867-5138, email@example.com
Policy Steward:Associate Vice President for Finance and Corporate Controller>
This policy is currently under review.
Please contact the Payroll Office for information regarding Technical Service Employees in Housing and Food Service, Penn State Hospitality Services, and University Health Services.
Most recent changes:
- December 6, 2017 - PR04 is under review due to WorkLion implementation.
Revision History (and effective dates):
- September 4, 2014- Editorial changes. SHIFT PREMIUM section has been updated to reflect the increase in shift premium, per union contract changes.
- March 25, 2014- Editorial changes. Revisions throughout the policy to reflect current payroll operations, including:
- Removal of Records to be Maintained, Delivery of Paychecks, For Employees Hired Prior to November 1, 1993 Who Are Absent on Pay Day, and Cashing Paychecks sections. This sections are outdated and no longer followed.
- Addition of policy steward information, in the event that there are questions or requests for changes to the policy
- June 14, 2006 - Revision History expanded.
- July 13, 2005 - Editorial changes to eliminate "General Forms Usage Guide" references, and to add the correct links for the forms referenced in the policy.
- May 10, 2000 - Shift premiums raised from 30 cents to 35 cents, and from 35 cents to 40 cents.
- June 18, 1997 - "Delivery of Paychecks" section updated, clarifying the distribution of paychecks by Business Services. Incorporated "Penn State Hospitality Services" terms.
- December 10, 1993 - "Ritenour Health Center" to University Health Services" (since Health Services are in more locations than just Ritenour); accurized the payroll deductions; clarified the "missed first pay", and specified that the budget administrator is responsible for assuring that pay checks (for those hired before 11-1-93) get to the employee when a department picks up checks from the Bursar.
- September 30, 1992 - Revised references to IBIS/EASY functions; clarified Union Dues withholding and added Unemployment Compensation Tax to the "Payroll Deductions" section. Further clarified the statement under "Deposit of Paychecks." Changed PS (Personnel) policy references to HR (Human resources).
- January 22, 1988 - Office Title Changes.
- May 30, 1984 - Modified "Definition of overtime" deferring to the Booklet entitled "Agreement Between PSU and Teamsters Local Union No.8"
- July 1, 1981 - Revised "Salary Adjustment Increases," "Definition of Overtime," "Termination" and "Internal Controls" sections.
- April 17, 1978 - Revised "Payroll Deductions." Added "Internal Controls" section.
Date Approved:May 1, 2000>
Date Published:September 4, 2014>