PR03 Fellows and Scholars
Subject Matter Expert:
Vice Provost for Graduate Education and Dean of the Graduate School, 814-865-1795, firstname.lastname@example.org
Policy Steward:Vice Provost for Graduate Education and Dean of the Graduate School>
Policy PR03 Fellows and Scholars has been replaced with a Graduate School policy. This new policy GSAD-907 Graduate Fellows and Graduate Trainees is available on The Graduate School webpage.
Please contact the Office of the Vice Provost for Graduate Education and Dean of the Graduate School for details.
Most recent changes:
- February 12, 2020 - policy made obsolete
Revision History (and effective dates):
December 6, 2017 - PR03 is under review due to WorkLion implementation.
- March 25, 2014 - Major changes have been made throughout the entire policy which more clearly reflect current operations pertaining to the support and payment of fellows and scholars.
- October 18, 2013 - Editorial changes. Addition of policy steward information, in the event that there are questions or requests for changes to the policy.
- September 19, 2011 - Editorial changes made to the HEALTH INSURANCE BENEFITS section, updated to reflect current operations.
- June 14, 2006 - Revision History added.
- August 19, 2005 - Editorial changes to eliminate "General Forms Usage Guide" references and to correct links.
- September 4, 1995 - Revisions to "Purpose," "Pay Date" sections. Added "Health Insurance Benefits" section.
- April 15, 1994 - Revisions to the "Initial Pay Period" for situations where the initial payment is missed.
- December 10, 1993 - "Notes" added (1) That since no services are required of a fellow, they are paid on the accounts payable system; (2) Scholars are appointed as a Fixed Term II and paid on the payroll system creation of "Initial Pay Period."
- February 3, 1993 - IBIS terminology added. Revised "Rates charged to Funding Sources" section, to clarify that the use of general funds is not permitted unless a written exception is obtained from the Corporate Controller.
- September 30, 1992 - Revised old terms to IBIS semantics, and added the comment "General Funds may not be used to fund fellows or scholars."
- May 10, 1988 - Commonwealth Campus reference changed to "Locations other than University Park."
- August 4, 1983 - Addition of "Rates to Charge Funding" section, specifying how tuition and related fees are charged for fellowships.
- November 23, 1973 - Revisions to "Pay Dates" and Payroll Taxes" sections.
Date Approved:February 12, 2020>
Date Published:February 12, 2020>