PR03 Fellows and Scholars
Policy Status:Under Review>
Subject Matter Expert:
Ray Burke, 814-867-5138, firstname.lastname@example.org
Policy Steward:Associate Vice President for Finance and Corporate Controller>
This policy is currently under review.
Please contact the Payroll Office for information regarding Fellows and Scholars.
Most recent changes:
- December 6, 2017 - PR03 is under review due to WorkLion implementation.
Revision History (and effective dates):
- March 25, 2014 - Major changes have been made throughout the entire policy which more clearly reflect current operations pertaining to the support and payment of fellows and scholars.
- October 18, 2013 - Editorial changes. Addition of policy steward information, in the event that there are questions or requests for changes to the policy.
- September 19, 2011 - Editorial changes made to the HEALTH INSURANCE BENEFITS section, updated to reflect current operations.
- June 14, 2006 - Revision History added.
- August 19, 2005 - Editorial changes to eliminate "General Forms Usage Guide" references and to correct links.
- September 4, 1995 - Revisions to "Purpose," "Pay Date" sections. Added "Health Insurance Benefits" section.
- April 15, 1994 - Revisions to the "Initial Pay Period" for situations where the initial payment is missed.
- December 10, 1993 - "Notes" added (1) That since no services are required of a fellow, they are paid on the accounts payable system; (2) Scholars are appointed as a Fixed Term II and paid on the payroll system creation of "Initial Pay Period."
- February 3, 1993 - IBIS terminology added. Revised "Rates charged to Funding Sources" section, to clarify that the use of general funds is not permitted unless a written exception is obtained from the Corporate Controller.
- September 30, 1992 - Revised old terms to IBIS semantics, and added the comment "General Funds may not be used to fund fellows or scholars."
- May 10, 1988 - Commonwealth Campus reference changed to "Locations other than University Park."
- August 4, 1983 - Addition of "Rates to Charge Funding" section, specifying how tuition and related fees are charged for fellowships.
- November 23, 1973 - Revisions to "Pay Dates" and Payroll Taxes" sections.
Date Approved:March 21, 2014>
Date Published:March 25, 2014>