Human Resources Policies
HR58 Employee Office Address and Telephone Number Information
Policy Steward:Vice President for Human Resources>
POLICY'S INITIAL DATE: July 1, 1965
THIS VERSION EFFECTIVE: March 29, 2005
To define the use of and provide a procedure to record and update correct office addresses and telephone numbers for each employee.
USES OF OFFICE ADDRESS AND TELEPHONE DIRECTORY INFORMATION:
An official, published office address and telephone number listing is required for all faculty and staff, unless there are extenuating circumstances as to why this information should not be published. The primary uses of the office address and telephone directory information are as follows:
- To establish and maintain, for University mailings, centralized University address information on all faculty and staff members. These addresses are used for mailings such as employee check stubs, announcement of employee insurance changes, and so forth.
- To facilitate all forms of intra-University communication via telephone and the University's Mail Service.
ENTERING/UPDATING DIRECTORY INFORMATION:
Employees may elect to publish either office information only, or office and home information. The Human Resources Representative enters the information with the IBIS NAPP (new appointment form) for a new employee, or via IBIS UADR to update information that already has been entered.
Title changes can be made by submitting the appropriate IBIS form.
ADDRESS CHANGES NOT COVERED BY UADR (OFFICE ADDRESS AND TELEPHONE NUMBERUPDATES FUNCTION):
The following address changes are not covered by UADR (Office Address and Telephone Number Update Function):
- To update home address to which U.S. Savings Bonds are sent.
- To update home address for University records as shown on W-2 income tax forms.
PH DIRECTORY INFORMATION UPDATES:
The UADR function will update the official address and phone information in the Ph Directory. Address and/or phone number changes done by 5:00 PM on Friday will be updated in the directory by the following Wednesday.
Changes to the employee's personal information (unofficial) such as fax number, additional phone number, nickname, pager, etc., in the Ph Directory can be made by the employee by updating the "Edit Your Phone Directory Entry". Information the employee cannot change themselves is name, ID, office phone and address, department and title.
For a description of official and unofficial Ph Directory fields, go to: http://cac.psu.edu/ph/.
THE TELEPHONE DIRECTORY FORM FOR EMPLOYEES NOT CARRIED ON THE UNIVERSITYPAYROLL OR WITH DUAL DIRECTORY LISTINGS:
A Telephone Directory Adjunct Listing Information Form is used to compile directory information for:
- Individuals not carried on the University payroll file (Adjunct, ROTC instructors, Hershey Medical Center Dual Appointments, for example).
- Individuals who are carried on the University payroll file but have dual office listings and require both listings in the Faculty/Staff Directory.
HR14 - Forms to be Filled Out by and for Each New Regular Employee
HR66 - Change of Legal Name of an Employee
PR16 - U. S. Savings Bonds