Human Resources Policies
HR15 Procedure for the use of University Distribution Lists in Releasing Written Information within the University
Policy Status:Under Review>
Policy Steward:Vice President for Human Resources>
POLICY'S INITIAL DATE: June 7, 1961
THIS VERSION EFFECTIVE: July 1, 1997
To establish distribution lists to be used primarily by members of the President's Staff (or other authorized University personnel) to distribute written communication throughout the University, and to provide a means of identifying to whom each communication was sent.
The release is prepared in final form and shall indicate, in the lower left hand corner of the release, the number or numbers assigned to the distribution lists to be used. For example, if the communications are to be sent to the President's administrative staff, The Council of Academic Deans, and Academic Associate Deans and Assistant Deans, the following information should be typed in the lower left hand corner of the communication:
"Distribution Lists - 2, 3 and 6"
The release should be sent, along with an IDCC form, to Printing Services in the Department of Business Services for reproduction. The quantity for distribution will automatically be determined by the distribution lists selected. If additional copies are needed for a reserve supply, this need must be indicated on the IDCC form, for example: "Prepare the attached copy using distribution lists # 2, 3, and 6. Prepare and send 25 extra copies to this office."
A separate IDCC form should be sent to Addressing Services in the Department of Business Services if distribution service is desired.
The Office of Human Resources should be notified of any additions, deletions or changes. Distribution lists will be revised to incorporate these additions, deletions, or changes. The Office of Human Resources will provide the Department of Business Services with information to maintain current and up-to-date copies of all University distribution lists.
The following is a roster of University distribution lists. A more complete list by DISTRIBUTION names is maintained by the Office of Human Resources.
- Trustees - material sent via United States mail to a preferred address.
- Members of the President's Administrative Staff - material sent directly to each member.
- Council of Academic Deans - material sent directly to each member.
- Heads of Administrative Divisions - material sent to position title, except for personnel at the College of Medicine at The Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. A bulk mailing will be sent to the Public Information Office at the College of Medicine at The Milton S. Hershey Medical Center for distribution.
- Academic Associate and Assistant Deans - material sent to each dean.
- Academic Department/Division Heads - material sent to position title except for personnel at the College of Medicine at The Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. A bulk mailing will be sent to the Public Information Office at the College of Medicine at The Milton. S. Hershey Medical Center for distribution.
- All regular full-time employees - material sent to college and administrative departments in bulk for distribution within each college and department.
- Academic Administrator
- Campus Executive Officers - material sent via United States mail.
- Human Resources Representatives - material sent directly to each Human Resources Representative.
- Financial Officers - material sent directly to each Financial Officer.
- Directors of Business Services and Campus Executive Officers material sent via U. S. mail.
Date Approved:July 1, 1997>
Date Published:July 1, 1997>